Hello and welcome to YOUR BEST FUTURE.
I want to introduce you to today’s special guest Claire Allinson.
Claire is my good friend and neighbour. She’s a chocolate-loving Yorkshire girl who relocated to Devon, here in the UK a few years ago. Upon arrival, she soon built strong friendships one of which led her down a path she never imagined.
Having never picked an oar up before in her life, she agreed to row the Atlantic with three other ladies. And by the way, rowing the Atlantic is a whopping 3000+ miles.
What was her motivation? Simple, she wanted to support a charity close to her heart. Failure was not an option and, in her mind, she always knew she wouldn’t fail as she relishes a challenge and grabs all opportunities that come her way.
I’m pleased to report that the team is currently the fastest female trio, of Atlantic rowers on the planet having succeeded in 49 days 13 hours and 49 minutes. (And yes, I did say trio and all will be revealed shortly).
Today’s conversation with Claire will open your eyes to possibilities. Claire was a member of these daring adventurers; ordinary women doing something extraordinary. It’s a story of guts, determination, drive, and heart-warming charity. In this full and frank interview, Claire reveals the highs and lows of this epic challenge, billed as the world’s toughest ocean row.
In this episode, you will hear…
✅ How the challenge came about
✅ How Claire and her teammates prepared for their epic challenge
✅ How physical and mental preparation were key to success
✅ About storms and Atlantic wildlife
✅ About re-aligning and prioritising your life
✅ How the pop band Coldplay became sponsors
✅ About the attitude required for such an epic adventure
✅ About what goes through your mind in tough times
✅ What it’s like to be a world record holder
And much, much more.
Take a listen to help you plan your best future, prepare your emotions, adapt your mindset, and maybe give you that little nudge that you need!
Many thanks to Claire Allinson, Atlantic Rower, and World Record Holder
Support Your Best Future
If you enjoy the Your Best Future Podcast, I’d really appreciate your help in spreading the word about the show. I would love to grow the listenership with the aim of helping as many people as possible to create ‘their’ best future. Wouldn’t it be great to reach a million listeners?
Please help me to reach more people by doing one of the following:
- Tell a friend – simple as that. Tell someone you know about Your Best Future.
- Share your favourite episode on social media. Scroll to the bottom of any page and the buttons are there. A share is just a click away.
- Rate, review, subscribe. Spend a couple of minutes to rate and review the show and why not subscribe to ensure you don’t miss an episode? I’d really appreciate it if you could do this as it really does help new listeners to find us.
- And why not join the dedicated Your Best Future Community Facebook Group to learn, comment, and share news, tips and a whole lot more: https://bit.ly/3gxgawt
- Follow us on social media by clicking the icons below.
Paul is also available for coaching and speaking engagements.