Please find below some areas of the media where Paul’s coaching, writing, speaking, or life has featured.
1st June 2020
This interview provides some great insight into Paul’s life, career, and approach to life and his work as a Future Mindset Coach.
Here are some key points from the interview:
You can hear the full episode here:
27 May 2020
Paul had the opportunity to take part in another panel discussion on The Campfire Project complete with themed summer Hawaiian style shirts!
This opening question was: ‘How can we control our negative emotions and stop overthinking?’ A great question that deserves a great panel to discuss this opportunity!
On the panel this week we have:
Peter De’Catania, from Men’s Help Group Australia
Stacey Copas from the Academy of Resilience
Scott Carson – Life Assistant and Host
And, Paul Stretton-Stephens the Future Mindset Coach
5th May 2020
I recently met an old-new friend called Kimberly Hambrick and I had a blast chatting with her on her podcast The Cannoli Coach. We chat about everything from adversity into action to coaching and the future. You can listen to the episode, ‘Can’t Storm Off on Elbow Crutches’ here.
2nd May 2020
24th April 2020
I had a fascinating chat with Myles who is a really nice interviewer. We discussed elements o my life history and my approach to adversity into action. It’s well worth a listen here
What opportunities might arise from:
* Being at home,
* Being with family
* Spring cleaning, house, body, and mind
* Connecting and Reconnecting with others, i.e. neighbours at a distance and online
* Learning and Development – take an online course, learn to play that guitar that’s been lying around in the corner
* Personal growth and inner strength
We discuss how we can stay conscious to possibilities while isolated due the CoronaVirus and how we can use this situation to our advantage.
The Host, Jerry has a really neat concept going on here with this podcast. The idea is as follows:
ONE DAY OF GRATITUDE, LESSONS, AND GIVING IN 2020 FROM 366 FELLOW HUMANS
One Day In One Year is a storytelling project based on the simple idea that we each can invest one day out of a year to be grateful, share life lessons, and give back.
We start by changing our perspective on how we define one day.
We’ll define “one day” not as a consecutive 24 hour period, but rather, as those same 24 hours divided across the 366 days of 2020 (luckily for us it’s a leap year!). That comes to roughly 3 minutes and 56 seconds per day.
Yes, they’re short, yet profound episodes.
You can check out Paul’s episode here: Episode 38 at https://onedayinoneyear.com/#listen
In this episode, the host Mark was interested in talking about how Paul’s life has changed since his two spinal operations. It makes interesting listening, especially if you’re experiencing adversity in your life.
I had an interesting chat to host Wayne about my life, my writing, my Future Mindset Coaching, and Public Speaking
You can listen to the episode here: https://www.talkaboutitfridaypodcast.com/
I had a great conversation with Dr. John Schinnerer on his podcast, The Evolved Caveman.
Here are the details for you to enjoy:
Listen in on a riveting conversation as Dr. John speaks with Paul Stretton-Stephens who has overcome losing his eyesight, the use of a leg and crippling pain. How do we bounce – forward – after difficulty or challenge? What are some tools to develop one of the traits closely linked to success – resiliency? Paul is Mindset Coach, Futurist, Author, and Speaker who brings perspective, wisdom, and insight to the difference-makers in the world. His belief is that the more people experience joy, fulfillment, and peace of mind in their lives, the better they will positively impact their families, coworkers, communities, and the world. Apart from having been medically retired twice, Paul is:
• A husband, a parent, and grandparent
• A military veteran
• A former Physical Education Instructor and a Secondary Headteacher
• Currently registered blind
• Still serving others, only in a different way these days
You can listen here: https://podcasts.apple.com/…/the-evolved-cave…/id1463310003…
Visit the Evolved Caveman here: http://theevolvedcaveman.com/episodes
The main purpose of the interview was to talk about my SMARTICS Plus model and we also chatted about some other leadership issues. Here are some insights from that chat:
– Deal with the key, elemental questions related to your goals before pursuing them wholeheartedly.
– When working on personal goals, identify whether 1) they’re intelligent goals for you, 2) whether they’re congruent with your beliefs, and 3) whether they’re success-based.
– When possible, work on new ideas on yourself before introducing them to others.
– Write down your goals and identify what your life will look like after you’ve achieved them.
– Involve others in your goals.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
– What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Learning from lessons from a leader who wasn’t prepared for their leadership role.
– Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” The figurehead of the organization; the ultimate decision-maker; and the person who is not afraid to effect change, collaborate, and cooperate.
– What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? What am I asking that I’m not asking.
– What book would you recommend to leaders? The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.
– If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Become a super deep listener.
– As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” “Why?” is not asking enough. “Why not?” is pre-supposing there is something else out there.
It’s a common feeling for people to feel helpless when something happens beyond their control.
I had a great conversation with Angela Heise, Leadership and Emotional Productivity Coach, Heather Joy Bassett, Transformational Spruther, and Alan Stevens on The Campfire Project to discuss “How to deal with things beyond your control and contribution.”
This thing might not be your responsibility but it is your problem?
Pop over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCampfireProject/ to hear the full discussion. A #WeTogether initiative
13th Dec 2019
With the year rapidly coming to a close and 2020 bringing new beginnings, goal setting and not new years resolutions, should be the priority. Paul Stretton-Stephens joins me to share his method for goal setting.
13th Dec 2019
I was a recent guest on Kyle Shutic’s fantastic podcast, Stay in the Fight. It was an interesting conversation where we talked about my background, military service and setback recovery. We also chatted a while about motivation and coaching.
You can catch up with the conversation here:
Google Podcast: https://lnkd.in/gCPp_ir
Apple Podcast: https://lnkd.in/gWjCEQZ .
Spotify: https://lnkd.in/g3C6VAC .
Anchor FM: https://lnkd.in/gSUpDZh
Cheers, for now, Paul
2nd Dec 2019
I recently had great fun over at The Campfire Project with Alan Stevens. We had some very insightful conversation and as usual, overran, but who cares when you’re in the moment?
You can check out the interview here: https://lnkd.in/gkGb7pH
7 Nov 2019
I recently had a great Facebook Live with Kenny. I met him a couple of days beforehand and what a guy he is. We talked about my history and what I’m doing these days.
3 Sept 2019
Last Sunday I had the pleasure of being invited onto the Men’s Radio Station to talk about coaching. We had a great conversation and Russ & James were fantastic hosts.
We spoke about my Optilosophy Project at length and we discussed my onboarding process with clients which I refer to as a Discovery Session. We delved into the reasons for coaching and to be honest we only scratched the surface. An hour just wasn’t long enough to do the topic justice. But the good news is I’ve been invited back, so watch out for that.