Please find below some areas of the media where Paul’s coaching, writing, speaking, or life has featured.
Paul is on the One Day in One Year Podcast with Jerry Won
10th Feb 2020
The Host, Jerry has a really neat concept going on here with this podcast. The idea is as follows:
ONE DAY. IN ONE YEAR.
ONE DAY OF GRATITUDE, LESSONS, AND GIVING IN 2020 FROM 366 FELLOW HUMANS
One Day In One Year is a storytelling project based on the simple idea that we each can invest one day out of a year to be grateful, share life lessons, and give back.
We start by changing our perspective on how we define one day.
We’ll define “one day” not as a consecutive 24 hour period, but rather, as those same 24 hours divided across the 366 days of 2020 (luckily for us it’s a leap year!). That comes to roughly 3 minutes and 56 seconds per day.
Yes, they’re short, yet profound episodes.
You can check out Paul’s episode here: Episode 38 at https://onedayinoneyear.com/#listen
Paul’s Guest Spot on Real Talk Real Lives Podcast
10th Feb 2020
In this episode, the host Mark was interested in talking about how Paul’s life has changed since his two spinal operations. It makes interesting listening, especially if you’re experieincing adversity in your life.
The Episode is titled: How a spinal injury changed Paul Stretton-Stephens Life
Guest on the Talk About it Friday Podcast
6th Feb 2020
I had an intersting chat to Host Wayne about my life, my writing and my Future Mindset Coaching and Public Speaking
You can listen to the episode here: https://www.talkaboutitfridaypodcast.com/
Featuring on The Evolved Caveman Podcast with Dr. John Schinnerer.
5th Feb 2020
I had a great conversation with Dr. John Schinnerer on his podcast, The Evolved Caveman.
Here are the details for you to enjoy:
Listen in on a riveting conversation as Dr. John speaks with Paul Stretton-Stephens who has overcome losing his eyesight, the use of a leg and crippling pain. How do we bounce – forward – after difficulty or challenge? What are some tools to develop one of the traits closely linked to success – resiliency? Paul is Mindset Coach, Futurist, Author, and Speaker who brings perspective, wisdom, and insight to the difference-makers in the world. His belief is that the more people experience joy, fulfillment, and peace of mind in their lives, the better they will positively impact their families, coworkers, communities, and the world. Apart from having been medically retired twice, Paul is:
• A husband, a parent, and grandparent
• A military veteran
• A former Physical Education Instructor and a Secondary Headteacher
• Currently registered blind
• Still serving others, only in a different way these days
You can listen here: https://podcasts.apple.com/…/the-evolved-cave…/id1463310003…
Visit the Evolved Caveman here: http://theevolvedcaveman.com/episodes
Paul Shares His Goal Setting Formula, SMARTICS Plus on The Life as Leadership Podcast
22 Jan 2020
I had the wonderful opportunity to be interviewed on the Life as Leadership podcast with host Josh Friedeman.
The main purpose of the interview was to talk about my SMARTICS Plus model and we also chatted about some other leadership issues. Here are some insights from that chat:
– Deal with the key, elemental questions related to your goals before pursuing them wholeheartedly.
– When working on personal goals, identify whether 1) they’re intelligent goals for you, 2) whether they’re congruent with your beliefs, and 3) whether they’re success-based.
– When possible, work on new ideas on yourself before introducing them to others.
– Write down your goals and identify what your life will look like after you’ve achieved them.
– Involve others in your goals.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
– What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Learning from lessons from a leader who wasn’t prepared for their leadership role.
– Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” The figurehead of the organization; the ultimate decision-maker; and the person who is not afraid to effect change, collaborate, and cooperate.
– What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? What am I asking that I’m not asking.
– What book would you recommend to leaders? The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.
– If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Become a super deep listener.
– As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” “Why?” is not asking enough. “Why not?” is pre-supposing there is something else out there.
You can listen to the whole podcast episode here.
On the Campfire Project Paul discusses, “How to deal with things beyond your control and contribution.”
16 Jan 2020
It’s a common feeling for people to feel helpless when something happens beyond their control.
I had a great conversation with Angela Heise, Leadership and Emotional Productivity Coach, Heather Joy Bassett, Transformational Spruther, and Alan Stevens on The Campfire Project to discuss “How to deal with things beyond your control and contribution.”
This thing might not be your responsibility but it is your problem?
Pop over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCampfireProject/ to hear the full discussion. A #WeTogether initiative
Paul Shares His Goal Setting Formula, SMARTICS Plus on The Campfire Project
13th Dec 2019
With the year rapidly coming to a close and 2020 bringing new beginnings, goal setting and not new years resolutions, should be the priority. Paul Stretton-Stephens joins me to share his method for goal setting.
A Guest on the Stay in the Fight Podcast
13th Dec 2019
I was a recent guest on Kyle Shutic’s fantastic podcast, Stay in the Fight. It was an interesting conversation where we talked about my background, military service and setback recovery. We also chatted a while about motivation and coaching.
You can catch up with the conversation here:
Google Podcast: https://lnkd.in/gCPp_ir
Apple Podcast: https://lnkd.in/gWjCEQZ .
Spotify: https://lnkd.in/g3C6VAC .
Anchor FM: https://lnkd.in/gSUpDZh
Cheers, for now, Paul
Great Fun Over At the Campfire Project
2nd Dec 2019
I recently had great fun over at The Campfire Project with Alan Stevens. We had some very insightful conversation and as usual, overran, but who cares when you’re in the moment?
You can check out the interview here: https://lnkd.in/gkGb7pH
Live on Men’s Radio with Kenny Mammarella-D’Cruz
7 Nov 2019
I recently had a great Facebook Live with Kenny. I met him a couple of days beforehand and what a guy he is. We talked about my history and what I’m doing these days.
Nailing Coaching on The Men’s Radio Station
3 Sept 2019
Last Sunday I had the pleasure of being invited onto the Men’s Radio Station to talk about coaching. We had a great conversation and Russ & James were fantastic hosts.
We spoke about my Optilosophy Project at length and we discussed my onboarding process with clients which I refer to as a Discovery Session. We delved into the reasons for coaching and to be honest we only scratched the surface. An hour just wasn’t long enough to do the topic justice. But the good news is I’ve been invited back, so watch out for that.